What follows is a strategic plan of action.
To achieve a new competency in Global Citizenship (even if you are already well-informed…) set aside a few hours each week for yourself, in a timeframe of your own choosing to take a journey of 12 stops.
- Begin with the inspiring launch of the Visioneers project, called Waging Peace, Building Humanity’s Golden Peace. (This is an inspirational presentation for all ages of what Global Citizenship is all about.)
- Continue with the Introduction to the project.
- Then take the time to listen to each of the 11 episodes with wisdom keepers. Beginning in episode 1, each episode is integrated with the one’s that preceded it, thus producing a cumulative experience of the knowledge needed as a basic platform for higher order thinking about creative solutions and practices of becoming a global thinker.
- Episode 10 is a review and episode 11 launches the project into its next phase. When the 3 questions below are considered for each of episodes 1 – 9 the meaning of the episodes taken together emerges clearly and points the way to the possibility of creative solutions on many fronts.
Here are the three questions to be considered as you proceed on your journey:
- What is the meaning of the key thinking in this episode?
- How does what you have learned apply to your own community?
- What are some applications of this wisdom to acts, projects or programs in your community?
Waging Peace - the Launch at UBC
The Visioneers International Network has issued a call to action for humanity to come together.
Episode 1 - Global Mind Change
Three decades ago, Dr. Willis Harman, world renowned futurist, made the profoundly important case of the need to respond with a shift in global consciousness.
Episode 2 - The Upshift, A Wiser Way to live on Planet Earth
In Episode 2, Ervin Laszlo calls for a global mind change — a change in the awareness of the beliefs and values that guide how we collectively think, feel, and behave.
Episode 3 - Acting for a Thriving Future - Messenger of Hope
In Episode 3, Dr. Jane Goodall DBE, gives us answers through her extraordinary life’s work and the wisdom she developed along the way.
Episode 4 - Restoring the Divine Feminine
In Episode 4 Anne Baring takes us into the spiritual dimension of the shift in thinking and belief that humanity must embrace to secure a peaceful and sustainable future.
Episode 5 - The Possible Human
In Episode 5 Dr. Jean Houston, writer, world teacher and mentor, speaks with conviction and authenticity about the significance of this particular moment in human history.
Episode 6 - Beyond Knowledge
In Episode 6, Dr. Bill Halal uses collective intelligence to combine expert thinking from many fields and disciplines to forecast the emergence of an Age of Consciousness.
Episode 7 - Global Citizen, Prophet of Hope
In Episode 7 we introduce Dr. Robert Muller as expression and manifestation of the possible human called for by the previous global thought leaders in this series.
Episode 8 - International Cities of Peace
In Episode 8 we present an example of on-the-ground action that will be required to create the Upshift to the peaceful sustainable world called for by our wisdom keepers.
Episode 9 - Don't Go Quietly
With Episode 9, George and Sedena Cappannelli reveal seasoned wisdom of people in their second half of life to take responsibility for leading the world out of its current crisis.
Episode 10 - Guidance From the Wisdom Keepers
The wisdom we have heard is meant to inspire action on creating the whole new transformative future for humanity that lies ahead.